From Palasara Chowk, towards southwest direction is the Biranchi Narayan Temple located in Badadanda Sahi, which is a part of Buguda, a small town. This temple was constructed around 1790 AD during the period when Bhanja dynasty ruled the area.
The temple has the shrine of the two-armed Sun God or Surya on his chariot in a standing position placed on a platform. Throughout the temple there are exquisite wall paintings and wood carving depicting stories from Krishna Lila, Ramayana, Bali Vadha, Sita-Vivaha, Rama–Ravana, Setubandha– Nirmana and Mayamirga-Vadha.
Other than this, the temple also depicts the Lord Vishnu Kanchiabhijana’s 10 incarnations, which are stories associated with Jagannath and Puri’s King. The temple has been constructed out of materials like lime plaster and Khandolite stone, the building technique adopted by Ashlar masonry.
Makara Sankranti, Magha Saptami, Sambadasami, Janmastami, Ramnavami and many other festivals are celebrated in the temple. This temple is a monument that is protected by the Orissa State Archaeology and Endowment Department of the government of Orissa. It has its headquarters at around 92 km away from the Biranchi Narayan Temple.